Friday, May 21, 2010

Well, I did it again

I am now the proud mother of four children. It still holds mystery to me that you can love someone so much after only having just met them. Or that my hubby, the one that kept bugging me for a boy, has to be urged to hold our little man. What's wrong with him? I thought he wanted a boy. Instead, here I am, once again worrying about an increase in blood pressure, being the only one who wants to hold our son. See, after I had C, my blood pressure spiked. The doc had me all convinced I was dying (not really but she scared the crap outta me). She put me on meds and by the 4th week I weaned myself off and the BP went down. Well, I've been monitoring at home and there has been an increase again. I read somewhere that this was actually quite normal and usually always goes down by the end of the 6 weeks postpartum. The weird thing is that my BP is higher when I have been resting, but if I've been running around, or doing housework it goes down. Strange, eh? In any case, not high enough yet to run to the doc, but elevated enough to have me slightly concerned. I will see what these next few weeks does. It could also be that my neck was strained during labor and has been hard to turn, as my shoulder has flared up as well. I've heard that pain will raise BP. So, also waiting to see if it drops when these muscles stop hurting. This flareup is one of several I've had since that fateful car accident in 2000. Could have been worse, should have been worse. So I'll take the twice yearly or so clenching of the muscles and searing pain. I think the BP drops after I've been busy because when I'm busy I don't feel the pain. Does that make sense?
In any case I'm in love with my boy, so it was worth it. So for now, I will monitor what I eat and pray that this issue will go away by the end of 6 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment